You should know this is not an exhaustive list. One of the qualities I love about the Bible is that it’s a fluid book. I love books! However, I have never read one like the Bible. I call it fluid because it is the only book I’ve read that can give me a different message each time I read it! For example, I can read a chapter of the Bible, and the information encourages me and gives me comfort. However, I can read that same chapter some time later, and see something I didn’t catch before, leaving me with correction or instruction. The information in the Bible has not changed for hundreds of years, but at the same time, it’s different each time I read it! I love this book!
- Genesis 50:20 – You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
- Exodus 14:13-14 – Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today…The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
- Deuteronomy 20:1, 4 – When you go to war against your enemies and you see their horses & chariots & an army greater than yours, do not be afraid because the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt will be with you…For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies and give your victory.
- Deuteronomy 26:19 – He has declared that he will set you in praise, fame, and honor…and that you will be a people holy to the Lord your God, as he promised.
- Joshua 1:9 – Be strong & courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
- Joshua 2:24 – The Lord has surely given the whole land into our hands: all the people are melting in fear because of us.
- Joshua 3:5 – Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.
- Joshua 6:2 – Then the Lord said to Joshua, “See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men.
- Joshua 8:1 – Do not be afraid or discouraged…For I have delivered into your hands the king, his people, his city, and his land.
- Joshua 10:8 – Do not be afraid of them; I have given them into your hand. Not one of them will be able to withstand you.
- Joshua 11:6 – Do not be afraid of them, because by this time tomorrow I will hand all of them…over to Israel.
Leave a Reply